Psychology: a look at mental health

Welcome to my new post! Today I'm going to talk about the university career that I'm studying, because I think it's important to know the way that it helps people.

First, I have to say that a lot of people think that going to the psychologist is only for "crazy people", in terms of what they understand about it, but that's wrong. Those prejudices in our society are a limit for people to go to therapy, especially in countries like the one where I live: Chile. It's for that reason that I'm taking this opportunity to talk about it.

Lately we've been able to notice the consequences of going through a pandemic, in physical and mental aspects. The tiredness and axiety have been more present than usual, so we've had to learn to survive feeling those things. This has exposed the need to be careful about mental problems, mostly because they can be more common than people think. That's why today more than ever we have to give mental health the importance that it deserves.

Then, it's for what I've said before that psychology plays a fundamental role in mental health care. This because it can help in different ways, always looking for the one that best suits the person attending therapy.

Sometimes we don't pay much attention to the things that are affecting us until it's too late, so I call on you to be aware and careful to the symptoms you may have. Also, don't be afraid to go to a psychologist because the only thing that person will do is help you with whatever is troubling you. Without prejudices and fears you'll be able to find results that will improve your quality of life, and you'll notice the change with a better lifestyle.

The best thing we can do is take care of ourselves, in every way and at every time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best concert ever

My future job

My dearest cat